Saturday, June 9, 2012

You're so vain


I showed my husband what I had written for my first blog post before I posted it.  I wanted him to read it and give me feedback.  Truthfully I wanted him to tell me how clever, witty, and funny I was.  However, this is the comment I got:  “That’s a good goal.  You sound conceited, but then you explained yourself.”  What?  NOT the response I was looking for.  So I talked him out of his reason for calling me conceited, and re-talked him into telling me that it was really well written, and then went on to post it. 

After awhile I went back and read said post.  I did sound kind of vain.  Or smug, arrogant, high-and-mighty, and stuck-up.  (No, I did not come up with those synonyms myself.  I used the thesaurus, which I also do quite often, just like I “google it.”  Did you know I planned to be a journalist before I planned to become a teacher?  I like to write.  Doesn’t mean I’m good at, or do it very often.  But to be better, I use my resources, like google and a thesaurus.  And I give credit where credit’s due.) 

I did not mean to sound conceited, in any way, shape, or form.  I was simply trying to explain why I was starting this blog.  I do apologize if you thought that I was a bit full of myself.  Not my intention.  I think it was my attempt to try and be clever, witty, and funny.  Maybe not so successful. 

Journalism was definitely not my calling…

On another note, thanks to all who have left me little notes of encouragement and have taken the time to read what I have written.  It makes me feel awesome to know that you believe in me and are here to encourage me and cheer me on.  Although I know this journey will take me many many baby steps, just deciding to put myself out there and ask for your help and support was one giant leap!  Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.  I am truly humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment