Monday, June 18, 2012

Cajun Pulled Pork Tutorial

I've mentioned that I've eaten and used pulled pork for many of my meals last week.  I thought I would share with you my all-time favorite recipe that is super quick and easy to make, and tastes divine!  Don't let the "Cajun" scare you - it's really not that spicy!  
Buy a pork tenderloin.

Mine was about 6 lbs.  I cut it in 1/2 and wrapped the rest in tinfoil to freeze for another time.  

This is my bean pot.  It's magic.  Cooks food like you wouldn't believe.  A crock pot would work fine too.

The cast of spices:  1 T. brown sugar, 1 teaspoon each garlic salt, onion salt, paprika, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and cumin.  Funny how it's called "Cajun" Pulled Pork, but doesn't use Cajun seasoning?  I've used it before in the recipe, but didn't this time.  

Dice up some onion.  I cut my pieces big, so the hubby can pick them out.  He's had years of practice doing this, and is ready to be a surgeon in his next life....he can find the teeniest tiniest piece of an onion in ANYTHING...

Put your pork in the pot.  Add 2 cups of water (sounds like and looks like a lot, but trust me, you need it!).  Mix up your spices, then throw them in, with the onion.  Put the lid on. 

Cook at 350 degrees for about 4 hours, give or take the size of your pork.  It will look like this when it's done.  

Take 2 forks and shred it.  You will be amazed at how it just falls apart!  You can serve on buns with our without BBQ sauce, eat with some rice, make my own special version of a taco (found in this post), or make pulled pork enchiladas, which I plan to do tomorrow with the leftovers!  LOVE IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment