Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day


 
First of all, I have to tell you about the most delicious lunch I’ve ever had!  Yesterday, I used some of the left over pulled pork to make a different version of a taco.  Inspired by this recipe here for Fat Tire Pulled Pork Tacos, however tweaked and made very simple for a quick and fabulous meal!

2 corn tortillas
Leftover pulled pork
½ an avocado, sliced
Feta cheese
Red onion slices


This morning I hit the workout HARD.  Went for a 2-mile run.  Not even sure how long it took me this time, as I forgot to start my watch timer until about 3 or 4 minutes (I’m guessing) into the run.  Oh well, what matters is that it felt GOOD.  There is a hill on the path that I usually take where I always stop and walk.  Not today!  Ran right up it and didn’t even feel like walking!  Then I came home and did the Insanity Core Cardio and Balance workout.  I didn’t know what to expect – it was as high intensity, but it was still hard, that’s for sure. 


Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast for the family...Special Hy-Vee Donuts for Father's Day

My breakfast:  2 eggs, scrambled, whole wheat English muffing with homemade strawberry jam.
Lunch was the usual salad and cottage cheese.  Today I snacked on a banana, pumpkin seeds, and raisins. 


A delicious dinner!  Corn on the cob, BBQ ribs, avocado, and pineapple.  

Leah and I crafted this gift for Lindy for Father’s Day.  All his favorite treats in a 6-pack.  Gum, Honey Roasted Peanuts, Skittles, Hot Tamales, Gummy Bears, and M&M’s.  Can I tell you that I didn’t even eat ONE SINGLE PIECE of any of it!  I wasn’t even tempted.  You know why?  Because I knew that if I did, I would have to tell you all about it.  And I’m not giving in!  And yesterday I made strawberry jam and strawberry bread.  So I do need to tell you that I did try the strawberry bread, after resisting it more than once.  However, the bite that I tried was MAYBE ¼ inch wide – the tiniest taste I could imagine.  I have to assume that it is good, considering my husband nearly ate the entire loaf himself. 

Hope you all had a great weekend!  Thanks for reading, supporting, and cheering me on!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Friend! Just catching up from the past week. You ROCK. Holy wow, I need to try some of your yummy concoctions! That pork taco looks delish. Keep up the good work! Excited to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete