Sunday, June 10, 2012

Another good day


Another great day!  Started off once again with a workout first thing this morning – much more difficult than yesterday’s sssslllloooowwww 2 mile run.  Today I did an Insanity workout.  I’ve started and stopped in the 60-day Insanity program two different times (or is it three?) different times now, never actually completing the full 60 days as designed.  This time I plan to finish it in its entirety!  So today was the Insanity Pure Cardio workout, followed by Insanity Cardio Abs.  Being that I’ve started the first phase of Insanity many times now, I feel pretty good doing the workouts.  They are tough, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t suffer through them like I used to.  And while I feel that running is a challenge for me, even though it is a good workout, doing Insanity pushes me a lot harder.  I’ve never in my life sweated through a workout like I do when I do Insanity! 

Food went well today too!  Another hard-boiled egg pre-workout, then post-workout breakfast was some strawberry Greek yogurt and a banana.  Had a mid-morning snack consisting of cucumber salad – you know, the summer-y salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and a little vinegar-ish dressing.  Lunch was way later, since my friend Amanda and I took our kiddos to a movie over the lunch hour.  So to tide me over, I brought some almonds (12, to be exact, the non-salted kind even!) and string cheese with.  Lunch was a smaller version of my salad obsession of lately (same one I had yesterday) minus the chicken, and some salsa chicken bake. 
My late lunch for today.  Salsa chicken bake is one of my favorite staple meals at our house.  A can of corn, a can of beans, my favorite black bean salsa, and chicken breast.  Slow cook these ingredients for an awesome meal: eat as is, or over rice, or in a tortilla.  YUM!

Broccoli Grape Salad.
Google it for a recipe!
My biggest step today was dinner at my grandma’s for my aunt Rhonda’s birthday.  I had already logged my food into www.myfitnesspal.com and knew what the meal would be, so it was accounted for in my calorie intake for the day.  You see, my family is big on birthday celebrations.  We get together and eat a meal for everyone’s birthday, and typically the birthday individual has the same traditional meal on their special day.  My aunt’s birthday meal consists of BBQ ribs, homemade potato salad, a broccoli/grape/sunflower/bacon salad concoction of some sort, a pistachio pudding salad, and bread.  And of course, dessert!  Rhubarb cake and coconut cream pie were on the menu this evening.  (My family should serve pie at every celebration, because I HATE pie and will never eat it!)  Myfitnesspal.com claimed that 2 BBQ pork ribs were 370 calories, so that’s all I ate.  I also had some of the broccoli salad.  Probably not the greatest for me, considering the dressing consisted of mayo, sugar, and vinegar.  And very hard to calculate the calories for it, but I did the best I could, and must say I don’t feel defeated at all.  No potato salad, no pistachio salad, no bread, and best of all NO DESSERT!  Not even one tiny taste!  Pretty successful day, as far as I am concerned!  My husband even tried to share a Twizzlers with me today, and I swatted him away!  Don't know where this willpower is coming from, but sure glad it's here!  

On another note, I am super excited to begin this blogging journey, and have a list of 8 different blog topics that I want to write about.  Just things I think, thoughts I have, questions I wonder about…so I promise that not every entry will be about my day, what I did, and what I ate! 

Once again, thanks for reading and getting me through baby step #2!!      

2 comments:

  1. I smiled the whole time while reading this! I love LOVE myfitnesspal! I use it on my smartphone!! I also use Nike+ running to watch my pace, or whatever. I set silly goals. "By the end of the week I'll run 9.5 miles, doesn't matter the pace..." Go you for a great 2nd day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of your Nike+ app. Ive loved that you've used it on our runs! Gotta get me one of hose smartphone thingys first...and I'm totally in for the jazzfest 5k. Let's do it!

      Delete