Monday, March 11, 2013

I'm Back!

September 4 - my last blog post.  I was about 12 or 13 weeks pregnant at the time.  That was also about the time I gave up on my quest to lose 60 pounds.  With a baby on the way, that was an impossible goal (for the next 6 months) and weight gain was inevitable.

Baby Boy arrived on February 20, 2013.  A healthy, happy, 8 pound 6 oz. baby.  Avery James Hill.  He's nearly perfect.  I gained about 35-38 pounds this time around.  More than I wanted, but what could I expect when I had given up and stopped caring?  I was SO ready for the pregnancy to be over and to get back to my healthy habits.

Five days post-baby I did my first workout.  It felt AWESOME!  I have continued working out almost daily since then - nothing major, just some treadmill or eliptical stuff, and a few arm and leg moves.  Today, 19 days post-baby, I did the first day of INSANITY.  Wow, it felt great, and not as hard as what I thought it would be!  I guess my body, and probably mind, remember what this is all about and is ready to DO THIS!

Did I mention that I'm already down about 18 pounds?  :-)

1 comment:

  1. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you have to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete