Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What I'm Thinking Wednesday....

So I've been toying around with the idea of some certain "Wednesday" posts.  I've seen lots out there in the blog world.  "What I Wore Wednesday."  "Wordless Wednesday" "Where I Was Wednesday."  "Pinsperation Wednesday."  I'm sure this is not original to me, but I was thinking of a "Weekly Weigh-In Wednesday" post.  But maybe I'll just do a "Whatever I Feel Like Wednesday" post.  I'll try to mix it up and keep it real for ya, folks!

First off, let's start with the weign-in.  Not up, not down. Exactly the same as last Wednesday.  I'm ok with that, all things considering.  My weekend was a total cheat with friends for our getaway (see my last post).  And then I totally slacked on Sunday too.  Even though I stayed sober (driver) on Saturday, you would have thought I had drank all day based on how I felt Sunday!  Might as well have drank a six-pack or two.  Monday and Tuesday were better, but once again, not the greatest day today.  UGH!  I am SO SICK OF SAYING THAT!  I can do this.  I did 5 weeks straight of nearly perfect eating and exercising.  And I'm going to do it again!  Here's why...

I've got a goal for 5 weeks from now.  In exactly 5 weeks and 2 days, my sister is getting married.  Now, my bridesmaid dress was purchased back in January (?) or so.  It fit then, but considering I've lost about 15 pounds since then, it fits better now!  And my goal is to be down 7 more pounds on the day of the wedding.  A VERY do-able goal, if I do say so myself.  Thank goodness that the material is very stretchy and not too fitted, or it might look ridiculous!  I've just got a few obstacles to overcome in that time frame...

First, the bridal shower/bachellorette party in 2 weeks.  We just finalized all the food choices tonight.  I must practice portion control and not overdo it!  And school starts soon too, which means back to work and a busy schedule.  Which means I need to get meal-planning and organized so as to keep myself on track.  If I don't have a plan for my meals, I will wander to the fridge or pantry and just pick out whatever I darn well feel like! Not good.  And the first week back, when it's just teachers, always means numerous outings for lunch together.  I will stay away from that, so as to watch not just my waistline but also my wallet!  And then there is book club in a few weeks too, which always lends itself to yummy treats...

So in addition to 7 pounds gone, I am also setting a goal to control myself when temptations arise!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I am so living your life right now. Our really good friends are getting married in two weeks and the bachelorette party is a weekend long drink-fest starting tomorrow. I am determined to run Saturday and Sunday morning. And school for me also starts in three weeks--so scared my healthy summer habits with slip away into the 10-hour days, exhaustion, and snacking that usually come with starting a new school year! You are not alone girl--we just have to remember why we are doing this and how good we feel when we do it!

    ReplyDelete